10.10.08

honesty-ism yay or nay?

is honestly ALWAYS the best policy?
i really wonder if it is worth losing important people in your life, or should we stick to white lies and keep us whole?
i've lost many friends by being honest.
so here goes another story of my life from the past..
so she was a friend from when we were in middle school, we became awfully close and were basically known as one person, you the sisterly-best friend.
any who, she dated a really annoying, nasty, makes-you-sick type of guy, eventually after a year almost (oh my god i know), they broke up and eventually we could laugh at the situation (after a few long, painful months ofcourse). so we decided we would always be honest to eachother no matter what, especially when it comes to guys and relationships. and this was a pact made when we were about 14.
we were happy friends, she wasn't the nicest person to others, but she was very nice to me, she was the type of person that was scared of people who were not like her, in other words, probably as ignorant as it gets.
any who, we continued on with life, she found a new boyfriend, who was really whippable - and she enjoyed whipping him, she really did. i finally found a guy i wanted to try being in a relationship, she was 15 at the time, i was 16 (we're 10 months apart but in the same year), i know i sound like a stupid 16 year old looking for a boy, but i was a typical girl looking for her fairytale. but ofcourse there was no fairytale, me and one of the many ex's broke up after a year. i mean it was fun when we were together, we went to the movies, the ex-best friend, her gay boyfriend, me and the ex number one went on dates together, almost every weekend, we did everything together. we had alot of fun.
but that was just the fun part, so me and the ex-best friend grew apart and got closer at the same time, if you know what i mean, now we had boyfriends we could talk to, who needed a girlfriend anyways right?
her boyfriend and i had a special relationship, it's called enemies.
i hated him, he was such a whipped little bitch type guy, i hate those.
he did everything she said and more, he stopped talking to his family at 16, because she didn't like them, and what was worse was that she didn't do anything for him, not to any great extent atleast.
she also had helicopter parents and two older brothers. she was a spoiled little brat that got everything but wasn't allowed to use the bus at 16, pathetic.
so every time she had to go see her boytoy, who she wasn't really allowed to see (she wasn't allowed to date, her mother was religious and she came from a south asian decent), she would use me as an excuse (this happens alot to me, ugh) by telling her mother she was hanging out with me while she was with him, and sometimes i'd have to third wheel with her and him(UGHHH) me being stupid, i went along with it, and sat there while my best friend made out/played around with this little whipped puss guy. god how i hated him and now her too. this was a couple of days after my 17th birthday, we were three best friends, and i asked her to come to my birthday party sans her boytoy, and it would be the three girls out for dinner, you guessed it, she brought him. so it was time for me to come clean, but i couldn't do it.. so i took my time, stopped talking to her as much and eventually told her that he was a little bitch and how i hated her using me.

so she went off about me being jealous of her "relationship" and me not being in a relationship had caused me to be a bitch about hers. ugh. shut up.

any who -

we stopped talking for a year, then the other best friend wanted me to invite her to my 18th birthday, so we did and she brought the boy toy, once again, but we had invited two guys with us too, which made him a little less awkward. things weren't the same obviously, and since my 18th birthday, we haven't talked much. and now i don't talk to the other best friend either, i don't know how it all happened but it did, and i'm glad it did at an early age, rather then now, or in the future.

so back to my point, is being honest worth a relationship?

i think it is, because i've lost many friends like that, but i don't think they were worth being friends with if they thought i'd sit back and lie to them, i'd rather lose a friend then my dignity and my natural honestly.

so girls, fuck them, fuck the stupid guys who try to make you feel like shit, or use you, throw them out before they throw you out of their life, and honest is the best policy, because one way or another, the truth does eventually come out.

xx


s.a.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

Just a thought, but if you feel you have to lie to a friend, is the friendship really worth maintaining?

That said, I agree that sometimes it is necessary to tell little lies here and there, like pretending to like a boyfriend or telling her she doesn't look fat in those jeans, but we should all be as honest as possible when it's needed. Or, in other words, if it's something that could affect either of you in a big way, definitely do not lie about it. Usually when you do lie about it, someone finds out, at least in my case that's true.

I think you have the right idea based on what you're saying. That girl just sounds a little stubborn and self centered. You didn't do anything wrong.

Love ya! <3

PinkAvocado said...

yeah sarah, she was indeed, which makes it a bad example, but serves right to how i am as a person hehe
and yeah, i feel like i did the right thing, i try not to lie, unless its absolutely necessary (fat ass + small jeans)
but alot of the times, i'm honest about that too, that's why alot of my friends like going shopping with them, i tell them right away :) lol
xx much love