3.11.08

home sweet home

i don't think i ever appreciate my home as much as i do during cold winter days or hot humid summer days.
the other day, i went to fear fest at wonderland, and for my non-canadian readers, wonderland is a HUGE amusement park here in toronto.
i don't usually go there, but for the past two years we have started to go for halloween.
anywho, i went there with my sister, her fiancee and his older brother. it was fun, it usually ends up being, i hate going on rides, but somehow they convince me to get on one and then afterwards, i refuse to near any.
it was a warm day, surprisingly nice out here, and they thought it was stay a bit warm, and so we decided not to wear anything super warm. BIG MISTAKE.
i make alot of big mistakes : ).
so come 10 o'clock, the temprature drops like a million degrees. i was so tired of walking and i couldn't stand the cold, i even started to get a back ache from the cold.
and i was SOOO happy to step into my house after the long night, i mean don't get me wrong, i had alot of fun and i'm always up to go out, but at the end of the day, i don't want anything more then my bed and blanket.
i can't imagine not having a home to come to.
those are the nights i feel so strongly for the homeless, for people living under the poverty line. and it makes me sick. because the winters in canada are COLD, i mean a limb will fall off if you don't cover it, no pun intended.
it's terrible, i mean i go downtown every now and then during winter time, and see the poor people laying on those manholes that blow out warm air. and i swear it breaks my heart :'(
appreciate your home, your family or loved ones, not everyone has what you have, honestly. it can always be worse.
much love
xx

2 comments:

Girl Making it Through said...

Oooo as a fellow canadian I feel your pain.

But I do love Canada's Wonderland, and I went in october this year and there were practically no lines which I loved! Sooo no more hot sweaty summmer days spent waiting in line for me!

Oh and I wanted to go to the halloween thing, would u recommend it for next year??
xo

PinkAvocado said...

heheh it's fun if you go with a bunch of friends, especially if they get scared easily, the haunted houses are fun and the place is packed!
i would definately recommend it!
it's worth a visit :P.
and there were line ups but i was more interested in the haunted houses, if you go.. bundle up! nights are always cold! lol