14.11.08

proposition h8te.

i haven't blogged in like a million years, which sucks! but i swear i've been swamped at work and now i'm trying to take up some other projects like fixing/redecorating my room, sewing a few things i've been meaning to, and i want to paint something for my room too.
and i think of wonderful things to blog about when i'm on the bus, on my way to work.. and forget by the time i'm at work, or home.
anywho i wanted to touch base on proposition 8, or as some call it proposition HATE.
and i'm afraid, but i consider it hateful too.
how can a place like california (oh em gee) consider banning a right that every human has?
as some of you may know, gay marriage is legal in toronto, which makes me proud to be from toronto.. and at the same time makes me question, why do we need to legalize something that is already a human right?
aren't we as humans understanding enough to think that we all want to marry? or are we all just plain assholes who are against something that everyone should be able to do, or not to do.
if you ever go back to my other posts, you'll see that i'm not the biggest fan of marriage, because as we all know, most of them end up in divorce. but my point with this post is to say, we're all equal and what right does the next person have to change or determine what i do in my life.
my ex-asshole was against gay relationships and abortions, and i told him to his face, that after he mentioned those things to me, he was half the person he was before i knew that about him. and i hate on him for being such a dumb, pathetic asshole. he hated on his sister for a good year after she had an abortion, what an asshole hence he is an ex, added on to all the other things that make me want to hunt him down and skin his penis.
everyone has the right to do whatever they want, this is 2008, and it makes me sick to even think that people have a right to say what they want to say against someone else, fuckers.
i'm angry because people are ignorant fucks.
UGHHHHH.

3 comments:

Lip Smacker said...

Aw hun, I'm so happy to see one of my "neighbors to the north" pipe in on this issue. If you've been reading my blog, you know my sister just got married to her partner on Halloween and it was the most beautiful act of love I have ever witnessed! I cried when I woke up the day after the elections and saw that her marriage may now have been for nothing.

This week marked the begining of the fight to over-turn Prop 8 in California and tomorrow the entire state will host protests and marches to gain favor to overturn Prop 8. Wish us luck and send down some good weather!!! XOXO -LipSmacker! ;)

P.S. I'd be happy to help you hunt down the ex!!! ;)

PinkAvocado said...

yes yes, i have been keeping up :p and i'm very happy for her, honestly, everyone deserves love and the right to marry if they want to.
and as for protests, i've been seeing alot on t.v and i'm glad people are still speaking out.
the weather here is COLD. send us some sun from cali! hehe
and the bestest of luck towards prop 8! hope everyone who lives there the best, the ones with the right mindset that is ; )
much lovee! and we shall form a ex-hunting society. lol :P

Sarah said...

Taylor and I are seriously considering coming to Toronto next year to get married, and if I do, you will be invited, of course.