10.11.10

alors on danse

so my dad is sitting here, sipping his beer, chatting to my mother, and me (he thinks i'm listening but i have my ears stuffed with miguel and j.cole at the moment)
he's speaking about how women are treated in iran, our native country.
he's speaking about our family, his family to be specific, and their habits on how the men and women are treated/behave around the opposite sex. it is literally the taboo thing we all know of.
my mother adds to this about the racial profiling in iran.
i think it is ridiculous. there may be room for change; but to be honest, is that truly possible? there are soo many different cultures, traditions, that follow certain rules, and are not so accustomed to change. i think it would be wise to say that there are some communities that will never change or i should say may change VERY slowly.. if they change it may be so minuscule that no one would notice.
these communities aren't suffering as it may seem.. they are far to comfortable in their own skin. it is okay, they don't know a different way. and i sure as hell can't say we're any better in our western society; to be honest it is sickening how our society always presumes that the other is worse and/or not as good as us.

on another note, my dad wants attention. he can't stand me ignoring him right now.. he has started kareoke-ing. ridiculous.

No comments: