25.4.16

I seek mountains

As I sit here holding the bottle my newborn nephew is drinking from, I wonder how I should start this piece. I want to tell you what my body means to me. 

I looked in the mirror today, and I kept looking. I grabbed the little rolls petruding from my back, and I pushed them up; revealing what I imagined my back looking like. In my mind, I am a refined version of what I may be to others. I see that my thighs hug, tightly, though that has been the reality for roughly the last two decades. I look at my bosom, once a topic of ridicule, now a feminine quality I adore. 

If I could go back in time and remind my younger self, at every point this temple was destroyed by a perpetrator; that beauty is not in the eye of the beholder, beauty is within. That those who seek the beauty in themselves are able to see the beauty in others. There is a uniqueness about almost every inch of me, and that uniqueness lies within you too. From the tips of my tiny feet, to the crown of my curly mane; I am loved, by me. None other than the one whose opinion matters most to me. 

No comments: