15.3.15

"What religion are you?"

I am not my religion. My beliefs are somewhat connected to a religion, humanity. I am a human before I am part of any religion. This question seems so irrelevant and useless to me. What difference does it make to anyone where and how I decide to worship or be spiritual, or if at all? One thing I never will understand is the importance of religion to our world. Like I've heard one very wise man say, "one day, there'll be no religion, we will have a happier world to live in". And I believe this thoroughly. Not because I do not like religion, but because it is used as a crutch too often to justify things that are inhumane. As soon as your religion is none of anyone else's business, the world will become a more peaceful place. Keep it in your heart and not on your lips. 

No comments: