27.1.11

got to keep it simple, classy, short and sweet - much like me.

there was once a little girl who wished to grow up to be a surgeon, a teacher, a horse and sometimes an artist.. then reality hit, science sucked and children were full of diseases.
that little girl was me and now i'm here facing another day, but the last day of me being twenty one, 21, two-one. wow. that's over two decades of my life, i'm only that many days, minutes, hours and days wiser. i hold memories of so many things, happy and or sad.
my 21st in a nutshell:
*began the year with a bang and traveled with my best friend to celebrate my birthday on the beach. (amazing.)
*shell shocked when i lost two cousins - suddenly.
*graduated from school and accomplished a set goal
*lost my amazing, wonderful, courageous and loving grandmother (rest in peace, love love you) she is someone i will never forget. miss her today and will miss her forever. :( still makes me sad to think about her passing.
*i got a job, and a promotion and work with a cosmetic company, yawn.
*faced my cousin getting hit by a bomb and surving - god bless him!
*cried so much from that news ^ that i got water damage on my phone and it stopped working
*i decided men are assholes.
*i decided i will marry one day. one flipping day.
*went on my first business trip and felt like a grown man.
*literally realized i grew up.



and here i am today saying goodbye to 365 days that i enjoyed, and here i am beginning it again. this time i will conquer more goals, hopefully have some more positive memories.
i do have regrets and i do have some great memories. i have realized my life has changed a lot in the past 2 years.
this year is when i claim my independence. truly and at last.
love,
s
27.01.11

No comments: